Thursday, October 29, 2009

Enchilada Chicken

4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
2 Teaspoons salt-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning
(I used Mrs. Dash Southwest Chiptole)
Olive oil spray
4 Tablespoons enchilada sauce, medium, mild or hot (I used mild)
(too mild for John, but I liked it)
2 ounces (1 cup) finely shreddred Cabot's 75% Light Cheddar Cheese..I can't find this so I had to improvise and use Walmart Taco Blend Cheese. It added a few more calories, but if you don't use as much cheese (which I don't like alot) you won't add too many calories.
2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped ( I only had dried cilantro) It still tasted very good. :0)

Preheat oven 350 degrees

Season each chicken breast evenly on all sides with the seasoning.

Place a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot, lightly mist with the olive oil spray and add the chicken. Cook, turning once, for 1-2 minutes per side, or just until the chicken is golden brown on the outsides.

Remove the pan from the heat and top each with chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon of the enchilada sauce, followed by one-fourth of the cheese and one-fourth of the cilantro. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the chicken is no long pink inside and the cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 162 calories

**Biggest Loser Family Cookbook**

No comments: