Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine Day Fruit Punch Drink

Anyone out there who doesn't like Valentine's Day? I really love Valentines day with all the pink and red colors!  

I started a little tradition in our home which I call the 14 days of Valentines....I give you something from a treat to a note for each day. My kids LOVE it!

I had thought about not doing it this year but when the 13 year old asks...

Wilma {13 year old}: "Are you going to do the 14 days of Valentines?"
Me: {shrugged shoulders} "I don't know, aren't you too old?"
Wilma: {disapointed look} "OH NO! I love it!! It is a tradition!!"

Guess who will be doing the 14 days of Valentines? YEP! My dad always say's "Don't mess with tradition!" Then tradition it is my sweet Wilma girl!!!

I thought this would be a great drink to have with your Valentine dinner...y'all  know it's going to be so darn busy out there that you might as well fix a yummy dinner/drink to have with ALL your loved ones!!!

1 Pkg. Cherry Kool-aid
1 Pkg. Strawberry Kool-aid
2 Cup Sugar
1 Qt. Ginger ale
3 Qt. Water
1 {6 oz} can Orange juice {frozen}
1 {6 oz} can Lemonade {frozen}

Mix Kool-aid, sugar & water, add orange & lemonade. Mix until thawed. Add ginger ale before serving.

{don't remember where I got this recipe}

2 comments:

Mrs. Lawley said...

what a cute lil tradition!! how fun. Yummy looking drink too!! :) love ya!!

Nike said...

Oh YUMM! I'm adding this stuff to the grocery list for the week.